OK...this background is much better! Thanks to whoever customized it.
I suppose that we should start indicating in the title who is actually posting since there are several of us doing it.
My entire family has been getting on the Geni website. My cousin Don in California started it and it has grown with his family. On our side, Dave has been updating and adding pictures. Megan is now having fun with it. It is a fun way of staying in touch since one posting is sent to the over 140 folks in our extended family. I will now have the opportunity of adding dad's family line.
I started my new calling today in church by basically starting to teach it with no prior notice. I would have liked to prepare, but it worked out OK. I am teaching the Gospel Principles class for new members of the church. I think I am going to enjoy it because it is the gospel made simple. Sounds just right for me! The added benefit is that I get to give my testimony every class. Since I have one of those, it makes it pretty easy. The only challenge is that the Mission President attends our ward and sits in my class!
I hit the big 5-1 tomorrow. I don't feel that old. I don't want to feel that old. Mom and I are starting to walk a bit more. It isn't too hilly in our complex, but it does go up and down, so we are sliding into the hill thing again slowly. We got a PA trail book with the intent to do some hiking in the mountains. We will take the "easy" trails for now and work into the more difficult ones later. We are excited about the outdoor opportunities awaiting us here in PA!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment